Ads by Google

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Witches House

Haunted houses are usually described as large, old bungalows inhabited by ghosts but, unlike such haunted houses, I came to know of an apartment which was inhabited by witches. It was located opposite my granny’s house.

The exterior was quite rundown, and according to people, weird noises occasionally come from inside. There was a very tall tree that loomed beside that building which was bent and almost covered the balcony of the flat.

My friends and I were very curious about it. We wanted to explore it to see for ourselves if the stories we had heard were myths or facts. Thus, we planned to go into this haunted house. We carried some necessary things with us: torches, a magnifying glass for inspection of trails and a metal rod each for personal safety.

At midnight, we left our houses while our families were sleeping peacefully. As decided, I met Rashid at midnight. The night was cold and dark. There was a full moon in the sky.

The flat looked quite desolate in the moonlight. The front door’s polish was peeling off and the doorknob was rusty. So it was easy for us to break through. With just a push the door creaked open and we stepped inside.
What we saw amazed us! Unlike other haunted houses, this house was unusually clean. The marble floor was sparkling and the furniture was polished. There were fire brackets built on the walls.

As we stepped on the marble flooring, I felt a surge of excitement in me. I wondered why it was so clean. I was also scared to go further into the house. There were three doors in different directions of the house.

I went towards one while Rashid moved to the other. I turned the doorknob of the first room and the door opened. As soon as I saw the state of the room, a chill ran down my spine. There were cobwebs everywhere. Spiders were crawling on the walls and the paint was peeling off. Oil lamps lit the room. Three rusty cauldrons were set up on logs of burning wood were emitting a smelly gas. All three contained a bubbling green potion. Many unusual herbs and plants were scattered on the dusty floor. Just then, I heard the scream of Rashid. I ran to him in the next room and saw his face white with fear. Bones were scattered everywhere and the smell of rotten flesh pervaded the room.

While Rashid calmed himself, I made my way towards a book lying on the floor. It was ragged, old and torn.

“Come and look at this,” I called Rashid. “I wonder what it says.”

Snatching the book, Rashid opened it. “Rashid, don’t,” I said, but he began to read it aloud, “The witches, supreme of all creatures, the ones with the superb power and the ones who can overpower humans.”

“How dare they,” I protested, but was interrogated by a raspy, frightening voice, “How dare humans step into our sacred place, how dare they! Humans go away, run or you will be doomed forever! Ha! Ha! Ha!” the voice echoed with laughter.

We were so stunned and horrified that before the laughter had ended, we ran out from the room and fumbled over the furniture to get to the main door. We heard someone running after us… at last we made our way out and were on the street. We breathed a sigh of relief. “Thank God, we got out of the witches’ house before the witches could have us for dinner,” Rashid said.

“I agree,” I replied and wishing farewell to each other, we made our way towards our homes, to be greeted by cosy beds. Nobody believes that we ever made a trip to the witches’ house but we cannot forget their laughter and threats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop in a Comment

Link Echange With Me

Copy this code in your website:
Exchange Links With Me

Your Name
Your Email Address
Contact No.
Title of your Website
Image Verification
captcha
Please enter the text from the image:
[ Refresh Image ] [ What's This? ]










Check Page Rank
Check Page Rank of any web site pages instantly:
This free page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service